LookFantastic Subscription Box Review #1 | July

16:59


After seeing so many other Bloggers sharing their love for subscription boxes, I've been very fond on the idea of having lots of goodies arriving at my house each month. So of course I signed up to one! I discovered LookFantastic whilst searching online and it stood out to me the most, it was full of amazing beauty products and was a reasonable price too, which was definitely a bonus. You are able to decide whether you receive the subscription box for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or even 12 months. No matter how long you sign up for, you receive 6 products in every box. I went with the 12 month with the price of £11.25 per month, I thought this would give me more than enough time to make a fair judgement on the company and the box itself. I am very pleased with what arrived in July's box so I thought I'd give you a quick sneak peak.
 

The products in this months box were:

 

 This Works - In transit camera close up

 
 This is a product I didn't expect to work, especially since it is a mask, moisturiser and primer in one! My opinion soon changed when I tried it for the first time, it left my skin feeling great and I looked so much more awake than usual. That alone was amazing and then I discovered that it worked wonders as a primer! Usually my foundation starts to disappear by lunch time and this keeps it in place all day. It also leaves you with a matte finish, which is great for me as I have oily skin. If you have dry skin, I'd suggest using your normal moisturiser before applying this otherwise it will dry out your skin.

 

Bellapierre - Cheek and lip stain

 
 When I saw that this product was CRUELTY FREE, I was overly excited to try it and it was the first product I used from this months box. After using it, I wasn't too keen on the shade of pink as it didn't suit my skin tone at all. I still kept it on all day, mainly to see if it was a good product in general and to my surprise, it was! Usually when I use a cheek stain, I'm left with a sticky feeling on my face but with Bellapierre, I can't even feel the product! I will be purchasing this again but in a more suitable shade for my skin tone and if you are looking for a new cheek/lip stain, I'd suggest trying this.

 

Mi Salon Series - Hair bands

 
 Let's talk about the hair bands that everyone is raving about. I wasn't fussed about receiving these, hair bands are just hair bands, right? But they are so much more, they were designed to meet the crucial hair up needs.  Now for someone who straightens their often, finding out that these hair bands don't leave an indent is amazing, I hate spending a whole hour straightening my hair and then as soon as I want my hair out of my face, it's no longer straight due to using an ordinary hair band. These bands can be used on all hair types, are great to use when you go to sleep and prevent head stress. Again, this is something that I was happy to hear. I have the struggle of wanting to keep my hair out of my face but after a few hours, I'm left with a headache due to having my hair up for too long. Now that I've switched to these, I can have my hair up for a longer period of time without worrying I'm going to be left with a headache afterwards.

 

Nuxe - Multi purpose dry oil

 
 This was definitely the product that I thought I'd dislike the most, the thought of putting a glittery oil on face, body and hair didn't interest me one bit. Especially since I am prone to oily skin. But it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy at all. It is definitely suppose to be used around this time of year, it looks great with a tan and smells divine. It does have a gritty feeling when you first apply it, due to the glitter but as soon as you rub it into your skin that feeling goes away and you are left with a golden glow on your skin. It can also be used on your hair, this came as a shock but after applying a small amount through my hair, I had healthy looking hair and all of my split ends disappeared into thin air.

 Kebelo - Anti-Frizz cream

 
Now this was a product I was extremely excited to receive. I struggle with taming my mane on a day to day basis and no frizz creams seem to help. I wasn't expecting this to help either but I was in shock when it tamed my frizz ALL DAY! After washing and towel drying my hair, I applied a pea size amount through the ends of my hair and a tiny amount towards the roots (I tend to use less product near my scalp to prevent grease). I then left my hair to naturally dry and was left stunned once it had, my hair was a whole lot less frizzier than usual and easier to manage. I will definitely be re-purchasing this when I run out and I suggest it to anyone that struggles with taming their frizzy hair.


 Benefit -  Goof Proof Brow Pencil

 
Brows have never been something I've been overly fussed about, I'd just apply a little bit of powder and occasionally brow gel to keep them in place for the day. Although, I was never happy with my brows I didn't think to branch out and try new products. I had always heard good things about Benefit products in general and never got round to purchasing or trying anything myself. That was until this month when I received a life changing product (slightly over the top?). I am currently growing my brows out and this has been so helpful. I can use the tiniest amount of product and my eyebrows look so much fuller and have such a nice shape to them. I read a lot of reviews before trying it myself and most of them said the product was rock hard and difficult to use. Personally, it's the best eyebrow product I've EVER used and it glides on so nicely. I will definitely be trying the other products from their new collection in the near future.
 
I think subscription boxes are a great, easy and affordable way to discover new brands and products. Not only for beauty products but also for healthy snacks and you can EVEN subscribe to boxes for your pets (yes, you read that correctly). The thought of a box also arriving for my dogs each month fascinates me extremely, and there is a slight possibility that I will be signing up to one!
 
Overall, I was very impressed with the products I received this month and to my surprise, I liked all of them. I can't wait to see what is in store for next month. As I mentioned before, I signed up for 12 months so if you want me to review future boxes, please let me know! Also, leave any suggestions of other subscription boxes that you love. I'd love to hear about your favourites and possibly sign up to more.
 
Thanks for reading
Char x
     

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Great post! I'd love to read reviews on future boxes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely do another review in the future xxx

      Delete
  2. I loved this! It really made me interested in trying put the subscription box service!! I would really like you to review future boxes as I found this super helpful. I'll definitely look out for some of these products for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm really glad you enjoyed it and I definitely will so make sure you keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post it amazing to read

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Check Out My Instagram

Flickr Images